Sunday, November 28, 2021

The Cage - 1/3

picture courtesy : almy.com

I saw sadness in his face when I flew off from his shoulder and turned to see him to tell him that I earned my freedom. I could see disappointment in his reaction; he seemed blaming himself for taking me outside from my cage since the day he picked me from that shop where many like me were caged. Humans called as birds and forgot the meaning the word when they put us in cage.

The shop-human who sold me to my master-human told that I am a rare bird and will be a loyal friend to him. I still do not know the meaning for those human words of course some of their own species itself do not know.

I was happy flying for the first time after months of being caged. My wings were rusted and it was painful at the beginning but became easy as I went on. I am not born to fly and see the world around! Why my master-human caged me in his home and called it love for birds?

After long time of flight I was tired and hungry for the first time in my life. I found a tree branch and sat on it for a while. Where will I find food, the pocketed grains and covered fruits that my master-human keeps ready even before the time I get hungry!

Below the tree I saw another human just like my mother-human that is what my master-human call her. I went and sat on her shoulder so that she might feed me like my mother-human does. The moment I sat on her shoulder she become excited and called other humans of her family. I search all around but there is no cage in their house; happy. She handed me to another bigger human whose eyes looked like the four legged cats which I see in television. The cage I lived, my master-human hanged it near to their television.

The cat eyed-human caught hold of me in one hand and waved me up and down twice and said “enough for three today”. I quite didn’t understand what he meant. I asked for food. He didn’t react instead he handed me over to the mother-human of the house and went inside. I waited for him to come back with the pocketed grain that my mother-human feeds me. Meanwhile the four legged creature that my master human calls Roger looked different now, dirty and ugly I guess this is not Roger. The new-roger lifted his triangle face and looked at me and barked which Roger never did.

I guess this new-roger didn’t like me. The human went inside to get me food came back with a metal piece in his hand. I thought for sometime, O! I remembered it is the one that cuts the body. I have seen my mother human cuts the chicken bird. I looked around for dead chicken birds but none I found. The mother-human of the house handed over me to the cat eyed-human.

The cat eyed-human left me down near the bowl filled with water. “Thank you my new-master-human, I was very thirsty” I said and dipped my beak in to the bowl. When I drank enough and dipped my beak for the second time I saw the chicken body cutter aimed to my neck which I saw in the water reflection. I panicked and moved away and the chicken body cutter smashed the bowl spilling the water all around. I flew away. I guess this new master human thought that I was a chicken I guess. I should have told him that I was not a chicken bird but a rare bird, loyal and friendly so that he should have given me grains to eat.

Poor new-master-human!

I flew away as I do not want to be treated like a dead chicken bird. I landed in a tree branch where I saw something in red. I went near and that looked like a fruit. I quenched it in hurry as I was hungry. My daily routine was to sleep after a good meal. I closed my eyes and the place become dark sooner. My master-human keeps his lights for a long time, until he falls asleep but here somebody had turned the lights off earlier. The place become cooler and as time passed it become cooler that I could not bear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you. Drop your words for my heart; I can skip a beat for you.