Tuesday, August 11, 2015

The Wait

He was watching her face in the light of the moon, sitting on the terrace opposite to her in the dark.  How long I waited for this moment and how much pain we endured to sit this way and enjoy the night and the moon he said with little tears in his eyes.  She got up from her seat walked behind him and hugged him from behind with her hands surrounding his neck and cheek caressing his cheek.  He tried to kiss her in that posture but he could hardly reach her lips.  She bit his cheek and laughed.  He played their favorite song in his mobile.  Hanging on his back she swung like a little girl.  He smiled and euphoria flowed out from his eyes to wet her hands.  Feeling the wetness, she tightened her hug and kissed him on his cheek. He closed his eyes to feel her warmth and swung with her to the rhythm of the song and to the song of her heart and to the joy of her arms.  The song reached its last line and stopped with a mild music.  He opened his eyes to see the moon, the opposite seat, the night, the darkness and the breeze that froze his tears.  He searched his neck to hold the hands that was around his neck; he could not find.  He turned to see where she has gone and realized it was yet another mirage.  He fell down on the floor and watered the thirsty floor with his tears.   Lying flat on the floor, with hands wide opened, he looked at the sky, dear sky, moon, this night and the stars to this world it might be a mirage but for you all, I knew, it is love.  I take you as the witness for what has happened.  Please go to her and whisper in her ears that I am waiting for her arms.

Next day;
It was a big railway station with all epitomes of humans.  He stood on the foot over bridge which was little bigger and crowded to identify him as someone standing there for hours.  I am near you, I am waiting for you.  Come to me he sent a text message.  For an hour there is no reply.  He looked at his mobile which is slowly loosing its enthusiasm at one percentage in every twenty minutes.  No the phone beeped.  He stood for another hour knowing not on what to reply and what will make her come out for him.  He typed lines after lines and deleted.  He does not want to bluff for he knows only true words could bring her out.  A mild pain ran over his legs as he was stood there for hours on his tough shoes.  He does not want to move but the same time he wants to ease his pain.  He sat on the floor just like a beggar.  He saw a board hanging opposite to him where he was sitting begging here is an offence.  Begging is prohibited in the railway station he smiled at the board for he could be the only one who understood the meaning that lied between the lines.  Probably many like me might have sat here for their love he thought.

A couple passed him.  He saw his dream in their form.  A little girl was in between them holding her one hand of her mom’s and one hand of her dad’s.  One among the couple in a regular interval bent down to her and said something to her and giggled at each other.  While getting down in the steps, the little girl stopped and opened her hands to give an open option to her parents to lift her to walk down the steps.  Her mother bent down to lift her up but she called daddy.  He gave a naughty look at his wife and lifted his girl.  You… you… get lost both of you her mother showed her sweetest angry on both of them.   Tears ran down on his cheeks looking at this scene.  Will she understand if I text her what I saw he thought but rejected his thoughts.  Plz go home, I will not come His phone beeped again. 
f
You imbibed thousands of dreams in my heart and you know every beat of my heart is a dream – Message sent
You made me pregnant with the dreams of my intelligent girl and your naughty boy in my heart.  Now, know what you are doing to me.  You are doing an abortion to me. – Message sent
I know I made millions of mistake but this is not the punishment I deserve for it.  I want to live for you…. Message sent.

This is over. Please, I beg you, go home.  I cannot come out.  His phone beeped with reply from her.

We almost live our life virtually as husband and wife.  We named my girl and your boy.  Do you remember how did we name our boy?  - Message sent
With our common two letters of our name third letter from my name and last two letters from the last two letters of your name – Message sent

He kept looking at her mobile.  He sat there for a longer time.  He looked at the board again “begging is prohibited in railway station”.  He walked out of the station to the bus stop outside.  Buses passed, people walked passing him, few minutes he watched the drama around him again the drama that ran inside his brain made him detach from the external world.  He sat there like a yogi waiting for Goddess to appear before him.  Hours passed.  He wondered if he has sat in the same place for hours together.  There is no time or space in love he thought.  Am I right in doing this, am I pushing her to do something which she does not like?  His thoughts ran wild.  Everything is fair in love and war his brain reminded him the proverb to give him strength to sit for hours more. 

It darkened.  No reply from her.  Let me give her some peace, let me walk out of this place He thought but could not do it.  He bent down over his bag and cried.  He stood and walked back to the station and sat on a metal chair.  Why don't you come!  Why don't you believe me! Why not me! Why don't you give me a chance to live, to take care of you in my palms!  He thought.  He stood up dropped his bag on the chair and walked to the edge of the platform.  A train horned from a longer distance for him to move away from the edge.  He did not.  The train entered the station with little higher speed.  Few yards away were the train he still didn’t move away as he was deep in his thoughts.   Come back shouted a voice from his behind.  He was bought to his normal insane condition and stepped back.  He walked back to take his bag.  When he was about to lift his bag a hand stopped him by pulling the bag down. 

She was sitting in the next seat.  He didn’t give any reaction. 

What reaction is this?  She asked 
He didn’t reply anything.  He dropped on his knees.  Buried his face on her lap and cried…

He was watching her face in the light of the moon, sitting on the terrace opposite to her in the dark.  How long I waited for this moment and how much pain we endured to sit this way and enjoy the night and the moon he said with little tears in his eyes.  She got up from her seat walked behind him and hugged him from behind with her hands surrounding his neck and cheek caressing his cheek.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you. Drop your words for my heart; I can skip a beat for you.